02: Install Drupal 8 Commerce module
You are here
One wonderful advantage of using drush is that it does the heavy lifting for you. When I tried to install drupal commerce using the browser UI, I had to download the following required modules one at a time:
- Inline Entity Form
- State machine
Drush 8 makes this much easier Now I just run
- drush en -y commerce, address, inline_entity_form, profile, state_machine
UPDATE: Drupal 8 Commerce install with Composer
I came across this error: Module address doesn't meet the requirements to be enabled. Address requires the commerceguys/addressing library. .
Basically we have to install the commerce module using composer so that the required libraries get installed. There are two ways to do this, we can either:
- Install Drupal + Commerce with the command: Run from your sites folder. This will download the drupal 8 codebase and drupal 8 commerce module and also all the dependencies needed. Continue and install drupal 8 as usual when it's done.
- composer create-project drupalcommerce/project-base mystore --stability dev
- For an existing site, run from your root drupal installation folder.
- drush en composer_manager -y
- php modules/composer_manager/scripts/init.php
- composer drupal-update
- composer dump-autoload